Friday, March 30, 2007

Finally relaxing on the beach

Well I'm done with all my crazy running around and now I'm in Krabi, Thailand relaxing and enjoying some sun. I'm staying on a beach called Tonsai and it costs about $7 for a double bed and an en suite bathroom. Strangely enough I ran into somebody that I went to elementary school with... such a small world.

I can't remember where I left off on my last blog but all the better cause that means I'll keep it even shorter than usual... if that's possible.

Cambodia was awesome I went to Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. I learned a lot about there awful recent history during the Kmer Rouges reign of terror. Millions were killed for no reasons, all educated people were killed, children were brainwashed into thinking their parents were evil and taught to murder them - masses and masses of people were tortured and killed every day. Also went to the landmine museum which shows the story of the thousands of people affected, killed or seriously injured by landmines left from over 30 years ago.

Cambodia wasn't all about the tragic past and there was lots of time for tons of fun. I went to a bar called the FCC for happy hour ... 2 for 1 drink specials. That bar was where all the journalist would go during the 90's when reporting on the turmoil in the area. Also saw the second wonder of the world: the Temples of Angkor... simply amazing.

My camera is half broken and can't take anymore photos. I think i can still upload some of the ones I've already taken so I'll try next time I'm at a computer.

"You stay classy Vancouver"

No comments: